- Were you looking for his appearance in FNaF 3?
|“||I always come back.||”|
— Springtrap, Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
Springtrap (also known as Spring Bonnie and William Afton) is the main antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, and returns in the Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location Custom Night. He is seen in the 10/20 mode Cutscene and in Circus Baby's second teaser. He is a heavily tattered version of Spring Bonnie suit in which William is trapped inside.
Springtrap's appearance is seemingly almost completely identical to his Five Nights at Freddy's 3 counterpart. In the cutscene, he appears to be more withered, and his organs can not be seen. He also seems to be missing his pelvis. In the Circus Baby's Second teaser, his right ear is not severed.
Springtrap is a withered, decayed spring suit, in which William is trapped.
Spring Bonnie was an animatronic functioning with "spring-locks", created alongside Fredbear, and one of the first animatronics created in the Fazbear and Fredbear collective franchise.
Spring Bonnie made his first debut in "Fredbear's Family Diner", the original location which lead to the creation of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
He also made an appearance in the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 minigame restaurant, known as "Fredbear and Friends".
He was eventually replaced with "Bonnie", a dark blue counterpart with a slight redesign. Spring Bonnie and Fredbear were decommissioned from an incident called "The Bite of '83", shown in the FNaF 4 minigames.
William met his death in a Spring Bonnie suit, after an attempt to hide in the suit from the dead souls of the murdered children in which lead to William's death due to the springlocks. His soul possessed the suit, his body rotted inside the suit for many years until his appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 as "Springtrap" and eventually in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator as well.
Role in Sister Location
Springtrap appears at the end of the Golden Freddy Mode cutscene. After his son says his speech, Springtrap walks in for a second before the screen goes black.
- Scott said in a steam post he would like to bring Springtrap into another game, it happened to be FNaF:SL.
- In FNaF 3 and 4 Spring Bonnie is shown in the night minigames, although Spring Bonnie's physical appearance has never been revealed.
- When Springtrap moves forward his right ear appears to be erratic.
- Oddly enough springtrap Only appears in the cutscene after beating Golden Freddy Mode, but is still considered a main character.
- The Goal Of Appearing In Springtrap Is To Show That He Didn't Die In The Fire.