- Not what you were looking for? See Ballora (disambiguation).
|“||I can hear someone creeping through my room.||”|
— Ballora, Night 2
Ballora is an animatronic from Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location. She resembles a ballerina and is a part of the "Funtime" series of animatronics created by William Afton to kidnap and murder children for him. Originally the main attraction of the Ballora Gallery in Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental, Ballora and the other Funtime animatronics escaped the facility by fusing into Ennard. She and the rest of the Funtime animatronics were destroyed at the end of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, she has a skin called Arctic Ballora.
|“||Graphic designed dancer, Ballora with blue accents, and a purple tutu||”|
— Scott's Intellectual Property Rights
Ballora is a humanoid ballerina animatronic with a curved, hourglass figure, and pale skin. She has over-exaggerated eyelashes, blue hair tied up in a bun with embellishment on top. She has 2 types of teeth; four human-like teeth and 26 very sharp Endoskeleton teeth. She also has pink, shiny blushed cheeks like the Toy Animatronics. Thanks to her twists she can also be considered to have wheels on her shoes.
She wears a blue leotard, purple-pink tutu which has a white hem (that appears to twirl in the trailer) with golden balls hanging off in the crease and dark blue ballet slippers. She defaultly holds her arms in a 5th ballet position. Her eyes are always closed, except for during her jumpscare in Ballora Gallery which is revealed to be very small (presumably human-sized). She is always seen on her tiptoes.
Like the other animatronics in Sister Location, Ballora's endoskeleton consists of a combination of both robotic parts and thick, metal, and tube-like wires that are arranged to resemble what it almost looks like a layer of muscle tissue.
In Night 5, Ballora's body can be seen on the floor of the Scooping Room, in an undamaged condition and without an endoskeleton. She forms Ennard's upper body and her eyes are used for the human disguise.
Ballora is 6.2 feet tall and weighs 347 lbs. (188 Cm and 157 kg).
Arctic Ballora is nearly identical to Ballora, however is now made completely out of ice with a few ice-spikes sticking out of her arms & legs. She now has pink make-up & jewelry on her face & stomach, as well as her top now being changed to pink and made in a slightly different shape. Her cheeks get outlined by glowing blue circles, with small blue dashes shooting away from them. Finally, her tutu is made entirely out of icicles, and is accompanied by an icicle ruff & icicle crown.
Ballora is located in the Ballora Gallery along with her Minireenas. She is hired for birthday parties to encourage kids to "get fit and enjoy pizza".
During Night 2 the player will have to give her a controlled shock first.
When they turn on the lights, Ballora will be standing in the shadows close to the window. Then the player has to crawl through the Ballora Gallery to reboot the system manually. She'll dance around the room playing her music, trying to find the player. In the mobile version, her music became short and only repeat the same first few notes of her song in Ballora Gallery.
In Night 4 when the player looks down from the mask, she's seen getting Scooped while the player is stuck in the spring-lock suit.
During Night 5 the player will be led to the Scooping Room by Ennard (as Circus Baby), where they can see the mangled animatronic shells, including Ballora's, lying on the floor in front of the scooper.
The contents for Custom Night, FNaF World and The Novels are non-canon sources, and thus, have no bearing on the official lore of the game series.
Ballora returns in the Custom Night. She approaches from the East hall and West hall. The player must listen for her music to know which she is coming from. They then must shut the appropriate door and wait for her to leave. When her music goes away it is safe to open the door. If the player doesn't shut the door in time or shut the wrong door, Ballora will jumpscare without opening her face. She is always the one who jumpscares the player when they run out of power, similar to Freddy in the first game.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
It is revealed that Ballora, along with Funtime Foxy and Funtime Freddy, is still active within what remains of Ennard's systems in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. She is finally killed off along with the other remaining animatronics of Sister Location.
Ultimate Custom Night
Ballora returns in the game mashup Ultimate Custom Night.
Similar to her behavior in Sister Location, Ballora will approach from either the left or right hall, disabling all camera feeds on the monitor as she approaches. To counter her attack, the player has to rely on the sound of her music to determine which side she's approaching from, and close the correct door before she reaches them. If successful, they will hear a thud, which indicates that she left. Rarely when the player closes the wrong door it would be an immediate attack
Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery
Ballora, along with the Minireenas, return in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery as one of the numerous antagonists. Ballora is one of the three most unique characters in the game, as she features no shock button but instead a Noise Meter. Throughout her encounter, she will play Crumbling Dreams, while her skin, Arctic Ballora play a remix of "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from the Nutcracker.
She is angered by noise and movement and will attack the player if they move too often or make too much noise. At some points, the Minireenas will begin to climb up the player's screen and block their view. The player can get rid of them by shaking the screen.
To defeat Ballora, the player must wait until her music fades out. She will then crawl around the player, and eventually charge towards the them after they pick 3 Minireenas off of the ground. All the player must do is simply look at Ballora when she uncloaks, and she will be defeated. The player should avoid looking at static while Ballora's music is playing, as it produces noise that will aggravate her.
The contents for Custom Night, FNaF World and The Novels are non-canon sources, and thus, have no bearing on the official lore of the game series.
Ballora appears in one of Stanley's nightmares in the story Room for One More. She's dressed as a nurse and she forces Stanley, who's bond to a dentist's chair, to keep his mouth opened. Since Stanley had never seen Ballora before, it's possible this dream has a paranormal reason.
Ballora is the main antagonist of the story Dance with Me. Kasey starts seeing her after trying some weird novelty glasses she found in a bag stolen from a mother who just came out of Circus Baby's Pizza World. At first, she sees the ballerina dancing and spinning far away from her, and she thinks she's just an hologram projected by the glasses. However, she later realizes that other people (such as her friends Jack and AJ) aren't able to see her, and that Ballora seems to influence the elements around her, and therefore, she's real. In addition to it, the ballerina seems to go nearer to her anytime she commits a crime. Scared, Kasey decides to escape in another city, thinking Ballora will not find her there. But the animatronic reappears after she robs a dress that she uses to appear presentable at the job interview she wants to do to find a real job, and now she's right behind Kasey. The girl decides to fix the problem by coming back to the mother she took the bag from, and returning the glasses. The woman decides to forgive her, and she invites her inside her house. Here, the woman's daughter, Isabella, wears the glasses and she starts seeing Ballora and dancing with her.
Ballora is seductive and deadly, seemingly calm and composed. She also appears to be talented at singing. Circus Baby indicates that Ballora is very mature, as she states she did not like "Playing Pretend". This could indicate she did not want to go along with the plan to pretend to be broken and get scooped in order to leave the facility, meaning she knew the plan was flawed.
Ballora has several capabilities, including:
- Audio Activation Sensor: A sensor that activates audio to lure victims in.
- Deter & Misdirect Remote Activation: Has the ability to misdirect anybody to the wrong direction/place to lure victims in.
- Balance/Stability: Has the ability to balance and be stable properly.
- Collision Sensor: A sensor that activates whenever Ballora is in danger of crashing into objects or walls.
- Ballora and Circus Baby are the only humanoid characters that appear very human.
- Ballora is the only "main" animatronic to not have any counterparts or mentions in any previous games.
- Circus Baby, Ballora, BidyBab, Bon-Bon, Funtime Freddy, and Funtime Foxy are the only animatronics with voice actors.
- When Ballora does her distant singing the tune she sings in shares a resemblance to the song "By Baby Bunting".
- Ballora's song's written by Michella Moss (Ballora's voice actor).
- When slowed about 3 percent, the song also appears to have somewhat of a resemblance to Frantic Factory from Donkey Kong 64.
- Since Ballora keeps her eyes closed, she cannot see the player and relies on hearing.
- However, during her jumpscare, her faceplates open to reveal she has small eyes with purple/pink irises.
- Therefore, she could open her eyes anytime and keeps them closed for an unknown reason.
- However, it is likely that it is to not scare children as her eyes are quite small.
- When the player is crawling through Ballora Gallery, they must listen for her music as the volume of the music helps the player know how close she is to them.
- Even though Circus Baby instructs the player on how to avoid and speaks to Ballora, she is not present during Night 5 as shown by how Ennard kills the player instead of Ballora if they do not follow Circus Baby's instructions.
- Ballora seems to be the most aggressive out of the group of animatronics.
- Ballora makes an attempt on the player's life a total of 4 times in 3 different scenarios.
- On Night 2, Ballora can be seen dancing in the dark while the player is crawling through the Ballora Gallery.
- If you listen carefully, you can hear Ballora singing when crawling through Ballora Gallery.
- Ballora is one of the four animatronics who does not have a "Making Of" in the Extras.
- The others being Ennard, BidyBab, and Minireena.
- Ballora's one of the only animatronics in the series to be confirmed to be female.
- Ballora is always seen on her toes, akin to a real ballerina.
- Yet, she's probably capable of standing on her feet fully as she is seen from a different angle in her jumpscare.
- Ballora's special feature, "Balance/Stability" as seen in the blueprint, helps her to stand perfectly without falling.
- Ballora is one of the only animatronics in the game with a different jumpscare in the Custom Night.
- The other being Funtime Foxy.
- BidyBab has been thought to have a different jumpscare, but it's only the lighting that is different.
- Ballora takes on Freddy's role during the Custom Night, attacking the player when the power is out, regardless if she is active on that night.
- Ballora appears to have wheels on her feet. This is due to the fact that she can move and spin without moving her legs.
- Ballora is the only non-nightmare humanoid animatronic with sharp teeth in her endoskeleton and she is not based on an animal animatronic, so it is unknown why she has them.
- On Night 4, there is a piece of metal that may come out of Ballora, but it's strangely almost the same size as Ballora.
- Ballora is the only animatronic known to have two plastic eyelids on each eye on the outside.
- This means Ballora has an eyelid coming down and another eyelid coming up to close the eye.
- Scott has stated on Steam that Ballora walks like a spider and she is able to climb the wall, similar to Mangle.
- Additionally, the Minireenas can move like Ballora.
|“||I'll be honest- I hadn't actually thought about it, but I would imagine that she actually glides on a track most of the time, but after leaving the track she uses all four limbs to crawl more like a spider. I don't think she walks anywhere. So she's basically either dancing gracefully or climbing the walls like Mangle.||”|
— Scott Cawthon.
- Ballora is one of the only canon animatronics to not be included in the sticker merch.
- The other being Minireena.
- During the Custom Night, if the static were to be removed in CAM 01 and CAM 02 while Ballora is there, it actually reveals Ennard instead of Ballora (this is also visible upon opening the monitor, albeit for a fraction of a second before the view changes to static). This is likely due to the fact that a file of Ballora in these rooms wouldn't be that useful due to the mechanics in the Custom Night, thus using Ennard as a "placeholder". The video explanation can be found here.
- The position of Ennard actually shows Ballora's. This could be referring to Ennard under the guise of being Ballora, as it is usually under the control of a single animatronic at a time.
- From SacAnime's Five Nights at Freddy's Q&A Panel video on YouTube, Michella Moss (Ballora's voice actor) said her favorite lines from Ballora "isn't out yet" and sounds "so scary". YouTube - SacAnime's Five Nights at Freddy's Q&A Panel (January 8, 2017) (at 19:45)
- As Michella Moss stated her favorite Ballora's lines "isn't out yet" could possibly hint that Ballora would appear in another possible FNafF installment after Sister Location, likely either appearing as herself or still a part of Ennard.
- She is probably referring to a future voice line in ultimate custom night, as most of the animatronics will taunt the player after jump scaring them.
- Ballora does not sing in the mobile version of the game, most likely to save space.
- In Night 4, Ballora's arms are not pointing up as they usually do, probably due to her being deactivated.
- Ballora's music may have been the music the "kids" danced to in Circus Baby's story.
- In Freddy's Files, it's stated that Funtime Freddy's audio seems pre-recorded and relates to kids and birthday parties, unlike Ballora and Circus Baby's audio, which is more complex.
- Ballora is one of two animatronics to be more aware of her surroundings and not seem to rely on pre-recorded lines like the more rudimentary animatronics.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
|Ballora's music box while in Ballora Gallery.|
|Ballora's music box in Custom Night.|
|The sound of Ballora getting Scooped on Night 4. WARNING! EXTREMELY LOUD!|
|The crunches produced when Ballora is being scooped.|
|The debris sounds produced when Ballora is done being scooped.|
|Ballora's jumpscare sound from Ballora Gallery. WARNING! EXTREMELY LOUD!|
|Ballora's jumpscare sound from Custom Night.WARNING! EXTREMELY LOUD!|
- When Ballora Jumpscares the player, her face-plates clip through her tiara.
- This also happens with her ears and earrings.
- During Ballora's Custom Night jumpscare, her eyes are still closed. Therefore, it's unknown how she knows where Michael Afton is.
- In addition, Michael Afton never makes a single sound or movement other than using the monitor, walking, and closing doors. Therefore, an audio activation sensor 's not used by Ballora to find him.